Sep 21, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I was wondering how everyone is getting veterinary experience hours during COVID. I’ve only been able to get a few hours from a local vet, when I try calling other vets to see if I am able to job shadow they say they can’t because of COVID. So I am wondering how I am supposed to get these hours, I don’t have a veterinary assistant job either which I have tried applying for but they look for more qualified candidates who have worked in a veterinary office before. Any suggestions would help!

LetItSnow

Skipping the light fandango
10+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2011
Plymouth, MN, USA
animaltracks.wordpress.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
I don't think there is an easy answer. Keep calling other places and extend the radius you're looking in, knowing it will be more of a hassle to get to them. Keep applying for kennel or assistant jobs to get your foot in the door.

Be creative and look for other options, like wildlife rehab, large-animal vets, equine vets, etc.

In a different thread people were talking about some virtual options, but I don't know anything about that and am not aware of it myself. Can search for that thread.

Just no magical answer, I think.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads