Job v. Career

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

witchbreath

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm becoming a doctor (like Mexicans working at McDonald's) for a job, which would allow me the means to get a career (for life). Does anyone feel this way?

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like I'm becoming a doctor (like Mexicans working at McDonald's) for a job, which would allow me the means to get a career (for life). Does anyone feel this way?

No, but then again I'm not racist

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I always get flame when I post on sdn. Maybe I should become a lawyer?

Still confused. Are you saying Mexicans use McD's as a career development stepping stone, as you would with medicine?

Yeah, I'm just gonna do the doctor thing to make a little money on the side. I have no idea why more people aren't doing this; it's only a few years of schooling and a couple hundred thou'... Or even better, go MD/PhD, match into derm, and work part-time making 200K+. That will pay the bills so you can spend the rest of the time cultivating your art and raising the four kids you had in residency.

The great Streampaw was before my time, but I've been going through the struggle recently, and troll or genuinely naive and tactless individual, these posts are getting me through. Not this one in particular--it's kind of lame, sorry, and I'm not even sure I fully understand what you're saying, OP--but in general. I hope the Computer Science thing worked out for her, and that she came up with some better ideas for apps...

Status
Not open for further replies.