Job with minimal training or certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Racer543

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I worked as a scribe and didn't like it (don't feel like getting into the details). End up quitting. I'm looking for a job in the health field than can possibly boost my application and that requires minimal amount of training or certification. Any recommendations? P.S I plan on applying for med school in a year.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much any medical tech position. Many places require certs but there are places out there that could careless and train you. I did this in my gap year, best decision I ever made. I was allowed to do a ton of procedures and they paid for my a blood draw and IV cert which takes a weekend.

I worked as a scribe and didn't like it (don't feel like getting into the details). End up quitting. I'm looking for a job in the health field than can possibly boost my application and that requires minimal amount of training or certification. Any recommendations? P.S I plan on applying for med school in a year.
A job as a medical office receptionist/assistant for a small private office won't require certification and you'd have lots of patient contact.

Members don't see this ad :)
You quit before you found another job? Why...

The best time to look for a job is when you already have one

You quit before you found another job? Why...

The best time to look for a job is when you already have one

Don't feel like explaining my circumstance. No room for negativity.

Reactions: 1 user
Just FYI the BS -- administrative, job, patient, etc. you see as a scribe will show up as a MS/res/attending except with escalating magnitude. Poor pay? Well, you won't be getting a real paycheck for another at least 8 years, so get used to it -- not to mention loans are going to hinder your spending for >8. Boss was a dick? Wait until MS3. Job too far away? Uhh, rotations... (Obviously some commutes are unreasonable, doubt this is your case based on your description). Superiors dinguses? Just wait until residency. Don't like the hours? Welcome to internship. Can't do things exactly how you want? Just wait until administration limits your practice as an attending.

These problems aren't going to go away. Maybe I didn't list everything or it's an extraordinary circumstance, but still. I've put up with lots of **** as an ER scribe and I just see it as part of the process.

Reactions: 1 users
These problems aren't going to go away. Maybe I didn't list everything or it's an extraordinary circumstance, but still. I've put up with lots of **** as an ER scribe and I just see it as part of the process.

Everybody has job problems but that doesn't mean that these problems are inevitable or that OP shouldn't be able to make a choice now about his/her job choice. If these things are in his/her future, then he/she might as well work a good, carefree job with a nice work environment (though this is exceedingly hard to find!) now since the future will contain all those negative things anyway.