Job

Started by DRdelgado
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DRdelgado

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just recently got a job offer at CVS pharmacy as a clerk. But I was wondering if i would be able to manage a full time job and pre pharmacy at the same time?
 
I guess it all depends on how you go about managing your time, and if you think you will have the time to study for your classes.
 
I'm in a similar situation. Of course, I don't need the money. I just want to get experience. I have been offered a part-time job in the Pharmacy at the Local Wal-mart, and I also volunteer at the Free Clinic. Here is what I plan on doing.

If my grades are effected I will lower my hours if they can be or I will just ask to be taken off the schedule until I get more time. I will not give up volunteering at the Free Clinic though. It is worth it to spend time there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lots of people balance jobs and pre-pharm work with no trouble at all. You'll have to deal with the public to some extent no matter what your career choice so just get used to it.
 
Lots of people balance jobs and pre-pharm work with no trouble at all. You'll have to deal with the public to some extent no matter what your career choice so just get used to it.

Yeah, but generally, when you deal with the public, they don't go crazy when their copay goes up by $10, or if we accidentally bill Workman's Comp instead of their normal insurance, or if we give them a safety cap when they request a nonsafety cap.