Jobs for Pre-meds in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cardiologist

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HEY guys,

I will be graduating in May and i am planning to work for two years in canada. My ideal job would be in a lab in a hospital setting where i will be able to do either basic reasearch or clinical research and also have an opportunity to work with patients. I am also willing to work in pharmaceuticals and I am also open to suggestions. Can people plz help me regarding how i go about looking for jobs like this? Can someone in canada who has taken time off before applying to med schools advice me here about the kinds of job i can find and where to find? i would really appreciate any sort of help. Thanks
 
Cardiologist said:
HEY guys,

I will be graduating in May and i am planning to work for two years in canada. My ideal job would be in a lab in a hospital setting where i will be able to do either basic reasearch or clinical research and also have an opportunity to work with patients. I am also willing to work in pharmaceuticals and I am also open to suggestions. Can people plz help me regarding how i go about looking for jobs like this? Can someone in canada who has taken time off before applying to med schools advice me here about the kinds of job i can find and where to find? i would really appreciate any sort of help. Thanks

Card. What happen to you med school applications???? Did you not have a whole bunch???

Anyway... it depends what you are interested in, and where in Canada you wish to go. It is a big country!!! You may want to consider doing a Masters if you are planning to be here for two years anyway. Also there are lots of types of masters' programs. Either basic or clinical.

But since your grades where good enough to get you great interviews, I would prob just wait to hear back or re-apply.

good luck