Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how much potential there is in OB/GYN for part-time work? I'm a rising M3, and while I have absolutely loved all of my OB/GYN exposure, I'm hesitant to commit to a specialty where having MY babies will have to take such a backseat to delivering everyone else's babies. All of the OB/GYNs that I've spoken to work 50+ hours a week in the clinic AND take their own call... I know this would be impossible for me, as I'm married and very much looking forward to having children and spending time with them.
I know that there are group practices that share call, but what I'm really wondering is for those of you getting ready to go out into the real world, what is a realistic expectation in terms of hours & call for real live practicing OB/GYNs? I know residency's going to be miserable (in terms of hours) no matter what I go into, so I'm really interested to know about life post-residency.
Thanks! 🙂
I know that there are group practices that share call, but what I'm really wondering is for those of you getting ready to go out into the real world, what is a realistic expectation in terms of hours & call for real live practicing OB/GYNs? I know residency's going to be miserable (in terms of hours) no matter what I go into, so I'm really interested to know about life post-residency.
Thanks! 🙂