Jobs that allow considerable time to complete homework while on-duty

Started by bwgower
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bwgower

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone aware of any jobs at the Associate or Bachelor of Psychology level that allows for a considerable amount of time to complete homework on-the-job? I am currently a 911 EMT-Basic, and I love the fact that I can work two days a week and do my homework while on-duty. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
 
Yup. I used to work overnight shift at a group residence. Not the healthiest thing I've ever done, but boy could I get a lot of studying done on shift.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends on the overnight position.

I worked as a polysomnographic (PSG) tech (i.e., I conducted sleep studies in a hospital sleep lab). We ate while working. There definitely was no downtime for studying. Contrast this with a position I held at a residential neurorehab facility. Overnight shift positions had a lot of downtime. I was able to catch up on my movie viewing during the wee hours of the morning. 🙄