Jobs while applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor PJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is everyone's job right now for those finished with undergrad and waiting on dental schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I work as an EMT in the local ER. It's a level 2 trauma center so some pretty cool stuff comes our way. Fun job, but overnight shifts are killer!

Scott

I have a Florida CNA license but if I have to take another year off I will try to work as a dental assistant

Members don't see this ad :)
is it possible for me to get a job until classes start next yr? especially in this economy? im going to graduate as a bio major and don't know if anyone will give me a job for a few months and i don't feel like really working in retail it sucked when i did it highschool and i know it will suck now. what options are there?

Pathology Assistant...fun stuff.

Bart, I'd recommend doing research with a faculty member at your school. You might be able to get your work published too.

Americorp Internship with the Red Cross. You get do some pretty school stuff like respond to fire and go out on national disasters. I went down to Gustav for 2 weeks to work in a shelter. It was cool because my boss let me take days off for interviews and was in my hometown.

dental assistant. luckily, i work in DC where you don't need a dental assistnat certificate.

teach intro biology courses for science and non-science majors at a university.

taught A & P I and II for a tech school for 2 quarters too. :cool:

Tried to get a job in biotech or research as a lab tech or anything related to my field, sent out my resume to tons & tons of places, but in this economy, as my professor said, even PhD's are willing to work for lower wages and doing minor tasks. It sucks!!
So I'm working as a promotional model to be honest it has kept be busy full time and I definitely can't complain.
But I still volunteer at my undergrad's research facility doing research a few time a week.
I wish I could get a full time at a "real" job even if they pay wasn't going to be as good.... :(

Assistant Microbiologist at Abbott Nutrition ;-) Great job, almost a shame (almost..) to leave it for dental school. Great pay, benefits, but 3rd shift. Testing baby formula, machinery, and raw ingredients for microbial contamination.

I am doing research at my top choice school which i just got accepted to. :) My boss totally helped me out with rec letters and the whole application cycle. I am glad that I am gonna stay here and work with him for next 4 more yearssssss. I get to make some extra cash and get some papers published before starting dental school. And I am gonna take classes that are taught by him and other faculties that I know as a dental student. so nice to work at a dental school that I will be attending next year! So freaking excited for next year!

Been a dental assistant for a while now, will quit at the end of March. Already informed my boss :)

I am doing research at my top choice school which i just got accepted to. :) My boss totally helped me out with rec letters and the whole application cycle. I am glad that I am gonna stay here and work with him for next 4 more yearssssss. I get to make some extra cash and get some papers published before starting dental school. And I am gonna take classes that are taught by him and other faculties that I know as a dental student. so nice to work at a dental school that I will be attending next year! So freaking excited for next year!

Might fine record you have there sl2obel2ts. 10 schools applied, all ten interviewed, six acceptances already with probably a few more coming who haven't notified yet. Bravo :claps:

i'm working full-time at the NIH in an organic synthetic radiopharmaceutical lab and i'm working part-time as a Kaplan DAT and MCAT teacher.

Might fine record you have there sl2obel2ts. 10 schools applied, all ten interviewed, six acceptances already with probably a few more coming who haven't notified yet. Bravo :claps:

i applied to more, just didnt put them down. got rejected by a few as well.

:cool:

thanks btw :)

Development Director....its good being the boss and make some decent dinero

why would you do this?
do you understand what the point of a database is?

hahaha
i deleted my account a while back... i was too lazy to put everything back. i guess i will do that now that i am done partying...

Server at Outback Steakhouse, which I have worked at on and off since I was 15...