Joe gallo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Ice

Attending
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A patient told me Joey gallo (Yankees) had an epidural and was then placed on IL for severe headaches. I hate the Yankees so my laughter in the office was all in my head, but wondering if anyone knew if he got tapped

So curious as to who the overpaid doc is that could have potentially tapped this dude

Members don't see this ad.

Steroid headache?

If I did a pro athlete's ESI it will be a TFESI with dex 10 and 2cc saline. That's it.

Reactions: 4 users
He’s a professional athlete and can’t play because of steroid headache?? Umm I think he was tapped

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Probably the same guy that did the ICNB.

Reactions: 3 users

It was anthony rizzo not joey Gallo. Joey Gallo is no longer on the Yankees

He had an "epidural " for back pain due to "minor findings of the mri". Then had bad headaches after and got blood patch

It was anthony rizzo not joey Gallo. Joey Gallo is no longer on the Yankees

He had an "epidural " for back pain due to "minor findings of the mri". Then had bad headaches after and got blood patch
Lol..so someone tapped a professional ball player. Do we have the name of the doc? Maybe he was nervous..been practicing for 12 years, never a wet tap or to be fair, I guess, never a symptomatic one

Lol..so someone tapped a professional ball player. Do we have the name of the doc? Maybe he was nervous..been practicing for 12 years, never a wet tap or to be fair, I guess, never a symptomatic one
Just jinxed yourself

Agree with above - any high level or collegiate athletes we treat for a disc+radic are TFESI with Dex 10, 1 cc 1%, 2-3 cc NS and only in situation of in season "need to play" or failed 6+ weeks good PT in off-season. Never say never but would need a good reason to do ILESI.

i dont know if it truly was a wet tap. Rizzo stated that after the injection he started to experience headaches. He stated his back pain went away but had then started to have headaches, enough of which to where he could not play even though his back pain was gone.. Some features of his headache sounded like a wet tap but other features didn't. So I dont know if it truly was a spinal headache. Maybe it was steroid effect from the depomedrol and the headache went away with time and had nothing to do with the blood patch

Another thing was his back pain was only axial pain that is why the interlaminer ESI was done and not a TF

Reactions: 1 user
Why do you care? So some dude that plays with balls for a living got an ESI and a wet tap. How many thousands of patients per month have PDPH?

• Okay...
Why do you care? So some dude that plays with balls for a living got an ESI and a wet tap. How many thousands of patients per month have PDPH?
1663936434177.png

And here I thought this post was about Joe Gatto from Impractical Jokers...And then I saw IL for headaches and thought it was an Interleukin infusion?....I need more coffee this morning...I fell for the click bait!

sounds like he needs some benadryl.

Side note....Joey Gallo sucked with the yankees....and after he was traded to the Dodgers, the Dodgers went 9-0 or 10-0 and now have a (distant)chance to beat the MLB record for wins in a season.

So maybe it was NY that made Joey Gallo suck.

edit.....Dodgers have won their last 5 straight.....Gallo is hitting .200 with 1 HR and 7 K's....he still sucks. But he has potential....he is 6'5" 250lbs and only 28 years old. And he has a sweet swing.

Last edited:
sounds like he needs some benadryl.

Side note....Joey Gallo sucked with the yankees....and after he was traded to the Dodgers, the Dodgers went 9-0 or 10-0 and now have a (distant)chance to beat the MLB record for wins in a season.

So maybe it was NY that made Joey Gallo suck.

edit.....Dodgers have won their last 5 straight.....Gallo is hitting .200 with 1 HR and 7 K's....he still sucks. But he has potential....he is 6'5" 250lbs and only 28 years old. And he has a sweet swing.
Guy prolly just wants social security disability

• Haha