Europe Joint US-EU Degree?

Started by Clarus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Clarus

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any medical schools in Europe that still do a joint US-EU degree? I family friend of mine did that in Poland but I'm not sure if they still do. He went there 15 years ago and is an attending in the States now for the past 4 years.
 
Don't you just get your regular EU degree at an accredited school and then take the USMLE? I see no need for a specified joint degree.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
World Directory of Medical Schools
Search for poland or whichever country you're interested in. Check sponsor notes for ECFMG status.

Also, a big whatever on the certifying individuals vs schools. If the school makes you eligible, that's good enough for this discussion, and I think you know that.
 
Which ones? I'm sure once you do ECFMG then take USMLE exams, I'll be fine for residency in the USA.
In the only NRMP publication in which US IMG's are classified by country of medical school, 46 US grads of Polish schools successfully matched into a preferred residency. 79 did not. See p22: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjkk67bo4nTAhVB6WMKHSikBeAQFggkMAE&url=http://www.ecfmg.org/resources/NRMP-ECFMG-Charting-Outcomes-in-the-Match-International-Medical-Graduates-2014.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEEvrvq0e0the6FJnu9cfmRdFhJpA&sig2=0rQfEjhadhSE9wqvxpBxpw

We have no data on attrition.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
In the only NRMP publication in which US IMG's are classified by country of medical school, 46 US grads of Polish schools successfully matched into a preferred residency. 79 did not. See p22: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjkk67bo4nTAhVB6WMKHSikBeAQFggkMAE&url=http://www.ecfmg.org/resources/NRMP-ECFMG-Charting-Outcomes-in-the-Match-International-Medical-Graduates-2014.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEEvrvq0e0the6FJnu9cfmRdFhJpA&sig2=0rQfEjhadhSE9wqvxpBxpw

We have no data on attrition.

Good to know. Thank you for the insight!