Journal that accepts interventional case reports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Larry Renal

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a list of journals that accept case reports?

Texas Heart Institute Journal
Catheterization and Cardiovascular interventions
Journal of interventional Cardiology

Any other ones I am missing besides the "Brooklyn upstairs journal of cardiology"?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Any other ones I am missing besides the "Brooklyn upstairs journal of cardiology"?

Thanks.

Good question...and one I was recently thinking about (although in a more general sense...not interventional cards per se).

Google hooked me up with these:
http://www.journalofcardiologycases.com/
http://www.hindawi.com/crim/cardiology/
(In fact...holy crap...they have a metric poopton of "Case Reports" journals.)
http://www.jmedicalcasereports.com/
http://www.journalmc.org/index.php/JMC
http://casereports.bmj.com/

But I think it goes without saying that the Brooklyn Upstairs Journal of Cardiology is by far the most prestigious of these.

Thanks.

Journal of Invasive cardiology

Members don't see this ad :)
Any other journals for general cardiology case reports
I have a case of coronary dissection managed with medical therapy.
Any suggestions?

Did the 8 suggested above all reject your case report already?

I dont think it fits CCI, and Journal of Interventional cardiology as there isnt much interventional to report in my case
And Some of those that u listed are those journals that u have to pay processing fee for the paper to be published. I dont intend to pay a cent to publish my paper. Texas Heart Institute's might be a good fit but I was wondering if some other journals of higher impact factor would be suggested

Any suggestions?

There is also JACC Interventions. Although, having said that, coronary dissection treated medically is not at all an uncommon occurrence. Tailor your journal selection to whatever angle you are planning to use demonstrate why your case is unique.

Any suggestions?

Are you still in training? A lot of programs publish their own journals so their residents can pad their resumes. You could also see which of your staff sit on any editorial boards and stick their name on it, they can't review/approve it themselves but it's a sure way of getting it published :smuggrin:

I dont think it fits CCI, and Journal of Interventional cardiology as there isnt much interventional to report in my case
And Some of those that u listed are those journals that u have to pay processing fee for the paper to be published. I dont intend to pay a cent to publish my paper. Texas Heart Institute's might be a good fit but I was wondering if some other journals of higher impact factor would be suggested

FWIW, page charges and submission fees are more or less the norm these days. Circulation charges a submission fee, page fees and figure fees.

Also, in the 21st century, case reports serve 3 main purposes. 1. To pad the CV of residents and fellows. 2. To use to justify whatever treatment decision you want to make in a weird/rare case. 3. To use as background material for a grant/trial you're writing. They're not really all that informative or useful otherwise.

FWIW, page charges and submission fees are more or less the norm these days. Circulation charges a submission fee, page fees and figure fees.

Also, in the 21st century, case reports serve 3 main purposes. 1. To pad the CV of residents and fellows. 2. To use to justify whatever treatment decision you want to make in a weird/rare case. 3. To use as background material for a grant/trial you're writing. They're not really all that informative or useful otherwise.

I agree case reports are useless that is why I wont pay 1000 dollars to publish it (that is how high some of the websites up there charge). If it were circulation I wouldnt mind paying that:)

Its not like I care so much about case reports as I have basic cardiology research publications. However I took up writing this case to develop a relationship with one of my attendings. And after wasting so much time, I think it would be interesting to find out what other options are out there

There is also JACC Interventions. Although, having said that, coronary dissection treated medically is not at all an uncommon occurrence. Tailor your journal selection to whatever angle you are planning to use demonstrate why your case is unique.

The medical treatment is only three lines in the whole case report. There is something unique to the case. The reason why I mentioned medical treatment is that....I think no matter how interesting the case is...the interventional journals will care less about a case that was managed medically. Correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks intcards and Trifling jester :)