Journal Watch for EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vacoug

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if there is a journal watch for EM. I'm on IM right now and was reading my residents journal watch. I read it in 20 minutes and felt a little smarter, plus it weeded out the papers I now know I don't want to read. I was just wondering if there was such a thing for EM. If not, we should start a little online one, build it up as a free journal watch and once everyone is hooked spring an annual $50 fee. No, but honestly, if there isn't one, some residents should get together and start one. And forget what I said about the $50 fee, we're going to be doctors someday, we should charge fair market price, lets make it $300. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I was wondering if there is a journal watch for EM. I'm on IM right now and was reading my residents journal watch. I read it in 20 minutes and felt a little smarter, plus it weeded out the papers I now know I don't want to read. I was just wondering if there was such a thing for EM. If not, we should start a little online one, build it up as a free journal watch and once everyone is hooked spring an annual $50 fee. No, but honestly, if there isn't one, some residents should get together and start one. And forget what I said about the $50 fee, we're going to be doctors someday, we should charge fair market price, lets make it $300. :cool:

Yes there is a Journal Watch for EM. I think the resident rate was something like 90 a year.

http://emergency-medicine.jwatch.org/

Or you could just download EM Abstracts which has two very experienced EM physicians reviewing the articles they find of interest to EM (from all specialties, including some fairly obscure journals). This is an audio journal watch with great commentary on evidence based medicine and biostatistics given in an entertaining fashion.

Oh, by the way, it's free to all EMRA members.

Take care,
Jeff

Members don't see this ad :)
^ I've looked everywhere on the EMRA website for more information on the free access to EM Abstracts, but couldn't find anything. Did you sign up through the EMRA website or the EM Abstracts site?

type "ema" in the search box. find the ema link. login to emra. two picks will come up, ema and em:rap. click on ema and then you can download the video (quicktime), or can download the audio files.

the audio files lag behind the movie format availability.