jps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monkeypenny

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with jps family medicine 4th year rotation? I go to school outside of TX and I'm thinking about doing an away rotation here.

Also wondering if the family residency is a competitive one (ie requires high USMLE score, AOA, etc)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have experience with jps family medicine 4th year rotation? I go to school outside of TX and I'm thinking about doing an away rotation here.

Also wondering if the family residency is a competitive one (ie requires high USMLE score, AOA, etc)

Thanks!

Unlike other FM programs - the one at JPS 'runs' that hospital....it's not an add-on, me-too residency but the one calling the shots. That's a big deal if you're trying to get procedures - don't have to fight with other residents/students to get what you want/need. For example - when interns need their numbers on deliveries, students STFD/STFU and deliver red babies....

Good place and solid people come out of there....

I've heard good things about doing a trauma surgery elective as a med student there. Also heard that doing a clinic elective is less good.