july 04 paperbased exam results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ann 03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi folks,
got my marks today .by mail.
anat : 93
bio/ph :92
micro/path :91
da : 91

average :92

i was expecting a litle bit more but hey this good enough. all the best to every1 waiting :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Ann,
Congrats!Amazing score!Am sure you'll be flodded with acceptance letters this time.Good luck! :thumbup:

congrats Ann,
thats a great achievement.....
which schools did u apply to last year?and which schools r u planning to apply this time?
also can u post ur other stats....any experience in US?
all the best :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi ann......
great score.....CONGRATS......ALL MY BEST WISHES TO U..........

BYE
CHEERS.....

thanks busydentist, pink peanuts, ssaug, starwars
i had applied to upenn, bu , nyu last yr, rejected in upenn, bu waitlist accepted in nyu : i didnt take nyu, coz it was 3 yrs and quite expensive. so i will be applying to all schools possible this yr. dont want to take chances

congratulations ann!! way to go! good luck with the applications! :luck:

hi ann,
congrats!!!!
very good score.
mandakki

its a grate score! :thumbup:

congrats......................very well done........

Congrats ANN 03 :thumbup:
all the best for your admissions :clap:
i wonder if the material i sent you was of any help :confused:
let me know :D :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hi,u have got such an excellent score,good luck with the applications and interviews.did u read anything other than the decks and papers.

thanks folks.
i studied dental decks, old papers, kaplan (i found it very useful, though some might say its elaborate... ), textbooks.
studied for oneand half months 4 1/2 hrs a day, not week ends. its very imp to relax the last couple of days b4 the exams(i never used to do tht b4...)

gavin ,meetlife i am sure u will do well.
meetlife ,u did take the paperbased test didnt u? have u finished internship, yet?

Ann 03 said:
thanks folks.
i studied dental decks, old papers, kaplan (i found it very useful, though some might say its elaborate... ), textbooks.
studied for oneand half months 4 1/2 hrs a day, not week ends. its very imp to relax the last couple of days b4 the exams(i never used to do tht b4...)

gavin ,meetlife i am sure u will do well.
meetlife ,u did take the paperbased test didnt u? have u finished internship, yet?
:luck:
Bravo!!!!
I can't wait to get mine.I can't even sleep!

Hi

I got my part 1 result today and got 82%. What you guys think? Do I have a chance? If so please tell me the schools where I have a chance...

So what you guys suggest? If this is not enough, take this again or take aprt 2????????
thanks in advance
SS

I got my results today also. Scored 83. I'm a little bit dissapointed with the score, but I think I will still apply for at least some schools.

hi guys I got 81%, but I will apply for some schools too. I am also Disappointed ,but I guess is my luck!

babyteeth said:
hi guys I got 81%, but I will apply for some schools too. I am also Disappointed ,but I guess is my luck![/QUOT
hi thr,
i got 84% i m depressed to see that. I m bit confused in which colleges i shld try.please do suggest something.

Ann 03 said:
thanks busydentist, pink peanuts, ssaug, starwars
i had applied to upenn, bu , nyu last yr, rejected in upenn, bu waitlist accepted in nyu : i didnt take nyu, coz it was 3 yrs and quite expensive. so i will be applying to all schools possible this yr. dont want to take chances
hi ann ,
wht was ur score last time?
thanks

niti kalsi said:
hi ann ,
wht was ur score last time?
thanks
last time my score was 87 . honestly, thrs so much competition nowadays, scores in the 80 s though very good , arent good enough for the schools. some schools like upenn etc dont bother too much abt scores others like bu r only abt scores. start applying as soon as possible to many schools and also think abt retaking the exam. dont take too long in making tht decision ,else u will end up losing a yr as i did.
hope this helps

Hi Ann

What are the materials you used to prepare for the exam?
I got 82% Still planning ot apply in some schools. Can you guys tell me some schools where I have a chance?
Folks who are in the same boat with me(80% to 84%), what you guys think incase we couldn't get admissions with this mark. Is it better to take Part 2( will help to eliminate competition as you can apply in some schools where they want both part 1 and part 2 and the no of applicats will be less) or retake part 1 ????.

hi,
I got 80% as an average. I have to retake my anatomy exam as I score less than 75. I am confused. Shall I give anatomy exam as sonn as possible and start applying for colleges or shall I take all 4 exams again. I dont understand as I dont want to loose a yr. but I dont know that can I make through in nay college so I too confused. Please help me out.

Hi Ruchi,
HOw are u doing? Dont worry, I got bad scores too (79 in all!)..I was devastated, competetion is really high these days..u know if u see the ADA journal it says only 45% of foreign dentists usually pass in these exams and we passed, so its great u passed..but think taking the exams again after are over it..I am too.
Pls do let me know what u are doing.

Take care,
Pragati

Hiya guys...
:)
I gave part 1 this july 04 too paper based...
I got
Anat 92
Physio 91
Micro path 89
DA n O 94
Average 92
:thumbup:
This was my first attempt at it..but i had work really hard.. the last 2 weeks were almost with 16 hours of hardcore study a day.. I wish all those with gr8 luck for their part 1 and 2s..lined up :luck:

Gud day :D

UABDentist said:
Hiya guys...
:)
I gave part 1 this july 04 too paper based...
I got
Anat 92
Physio 91
Micro path 89
DA n O 94
Average 92
:thumbup:
This was my first attempt at it..but i had work really hard.. the last 2 weeks were almost with 16 hours of hardcore study a day.. I wish all those with gr8 luck for their part 1 and 2s..lined up :luck:

Gud day :D
:thumbup: congratulations........very well done....... :clap:

my score is 92 average
anat. 90 , dadh 93, path 92, physio 93
congrates to all for thier success.

Silve said:
Hi Ann

What are the materials you used to prepare for the exam?
I got 82% Still planning ot apply in some schools. Can you guys tell me some schools where I have a chance?
Folks who are in the same boat with me(80% to 84%), what you guys think incase we couldn't get admissions with this mark. Is it better to take Part 2( will help to eliminate competition as you can apply in some schools where they want both part 1 and part 2 and the no of applicats will be less) or retake part 1 ????.
hi ,
sorry for the late reply i didnt see this before.
i studied frm decks question papers, kaplan book, reference textbooks.
this is not to discourage u.u have great scores but its not enough to get into advanced standing.it has been my personal experience. i had 87 previously. but didnt get into bu or upenn . got into NYU but last yr nyu accepted very few poeple with 82,if any. i would advise u to retake the exam . if u have a masters degree or research experience try in upenn. good luck tou

Hi Ann,

I know that you have retaken part I and that is why I would like to clarify this doubt. While you were registering for part I again did you have to send your ECE report to the ADA or only those who are applying for the first time need to do so? Please do reply as I want to retake part I soon.

Hi Ann,

I got 88 in part 1 and 250 in Toefl. I have applied in BU, UPEN & NYU.

Can anyone tell me what are my chances.

ur marks are good georgian. u have good chances in nyu and upenn(unless ur gpa is less, i have heard gpa is important in nyu) bu i am not sure. i hope u have applied early to bu , they r more particular about part1 scores. but last year few people got with 88 .i had 87 and i was on waitlist there. i reapplied this yr.
didnt u apply to west coast schools?

som said:
Hi Ann,

I know that you have retaken part I and that is why I would like to clarify this doubt. While you were registering for part I again did you have to send your ECE report to the ADA or only those who are applying for the first time need to do so? Please do reply as I want to retake part I soon.
i don`t think you should send again your ECE evaluation. they (ADA) already have your file, so.... for exampl, when we aplly for part 2 they don't want ECE again. but,why don't you just call them..