July 18 score

Started by mk2014
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mk2014

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
verbal 30
Biology 79
Reading 8
Quant 97
chem 95
composite 76

GPA:4.0 (but I took it at community college)

Will that be good enough for pharm D in Texas?
Should I retake?
 
verbal 30
Biology 79
Reading 8
Quant 97
chem 95
composite 76

GPA:4.0 (but I took it at community college)

Will that be good enough for pharm D in Texas?
Should I retake?

I don't know anything about schools in Texas, but that seems like a solid score to me! The average PCAT of acceptance for most pharmacy schools seems to be around 70-75, so I would feel good about your score. 🙂
 
verbal 30
Biology 79
Reading 8
Quant 97
chem 95
composite 76

GPA:4.0 (but I took it at community college)

Will that be good enough for pharm D in Texas?
Should I retake?

Your score is great. I don't think you need to retake it and I don't think it matters that your gpa is from a CC. Good luck.
 
I personally believe you really need to retake the PCAT. The only reason is the low score on VERBAL. If it was around 35 + ... it would have been fine. 8* is not that great my friend...and it won't put an impression. I suggest you retake.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what about me?

I took pcat thursday. my scores where:
Verbal 18
R.C. 26
Q.A. 72
Bio 89
Chem 93

Comp 68

I volunteer year round at a YMCA in chicago, I volunteer as a summer camp teacher at salvation army every monday and tuesday from 8-1pm. I work as a sterilization assistant at an oral surgery clinic, I have been a Chemistry/Biology Supplemental Instruction leader at my school for the past two years. My current cumulative gpa is 3.68, prepharm gpa 3.74, math science gpa 3.69. I am the president of the Chemistry and physics club at purdue, I am also the VP of the Democratic club there. I have also shadowed a few pharmacist in my area.

Thanks
 
what about me?

I took pcat thursday. my scores where:
Verbal 18
R.C. 26
Q.A. 72
Bio 89
Chem 93

Comp 68

I volunteer year round at a YMCA in chicago, I volunteer as a summer camp teacher at salvation army every monday and tuesday from 8-1pm. I work as a sterilization assistant at an oral surgery clinic, I have been a Chemistry/Biology Supplemental Instruction leader at my school for the past two years. My current cumulative gpa is 3.68, prepharm gpa 3.74, math science gpa 3.69. I am the president of the Chemistry and physics club at purdue, I am also the VP of the Democratic club there. I have also shadowed a few pharmacist in my area.

Thanks

Depends on what schools you are applying to.