longhorn

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Texas
-
Status
I submitted to AMCAS on July 1st and have not been verified yet. A friend of mine submitted on July 26th and already has his app transmitted to 6 schools. What is up, should I call???

Papa Smurf

Thug 4 Life
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2002
Visit site
Status
I'm assuming you meant June 26th for your friend. Just chill out. It's only been a couple of weeks. Perhaps your transcripts haven't arrived yet or something else. Or perhaps AMCAS lost them. They've been known to do that. Anyways, I think everyone just needs to learn to be patient. Med school admissions, more than any other process you'll ever go through, is a waiting game. Getting your app in early is a little overrated b/c most schools interview applicants in tiers. Once your file is complete, they'll look over your numbers, and do one of three things: a) reject you right away, and cash the secondary application fee. b) interview you b/c you have kickass numbers and they'd love to have you, who wouldn't? or c) throw you in a hold pile with 10,000 other applicants whose files will be reviewed at alater date after all the all-stars have interviewed in September and October.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads