JUNE 07 changes Quantitative Reasoning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PicardEngage

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How should I adjust my studying for the Quantitative Reading section to most effectively take advantage of the June 2007 PCAT changes?
 
How should I adjust my studying for the Quantitative Reading section to most effectively take advantage of the June 2007 PCAT changes?

Well, everything is basically the same expect that there are no geometry questions. Also, they reduced the numbers of questions from 58 to 48 to be solved in 30 minutes. So, you should be studying more effectively for pre-calc, calc, stat, and algebra.
 
roughly what pecentage of each subject is on the test?

I read that the stats section was increased. I also read somewhere that Calculus makes up almost 40 percent of the QR section.
 
roughly what pecentage of each subject is on the test?

I read that the stats section was increased. I also read somewhere that Calculus makes up almost 40 percent of the QR section.

yah, thats about correct. I remember solving lots of differentials, integrals, and graphing. statistics were presented in the form of word problems, percentages, and analyzing changes over time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, everything is basically the same expect that there are no geometry questions. Also, they reduced the numbers of questions from 58 to 48 to be solved in 30 minutes. So, you should be studying more effectively for pre-calc, calc, stat, and algebra.

I thought it was 40mins??
 
yeah it is 40 mins not 30mins for 48 questions

opps, sorry ! It is 40 min. Am i stressed or what !:scared:
On my oct 2007 exam, I only reviewed precalc and calc materials and managed to get a 83 %. And also, I guessed on long problems to give myself more time to do the ones I was able to solve; basically, i skipped around by solving all the easy ones and then returned to the difficult questions.
So, hopefully this sat I'll improve my score !