June 24th DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoVegan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently singed up for the June 24th DAT and have been following the sample DAT schedule sticky on this forum but shortened it to 5 weeks studying 8+ hours a day. Do you guys think that's enough study time or should I push the test back some more? Is it ok to take the test in July?

Members don't see this ad.

I have it on June 6th and I've been studying for 2 weeks now at 10+ hours a day. Im thinking about pushing mine back as well, I think that if I dont feel ready for it by June 1st/2nd then I'm definitely going to push it back.

So my advice: wait and see if you feel ready, if not push it back.

I don't think you should follow someone's DAT study schedule. Your method of studying is different from other people. I didn't even take a look at the study schedule and did what I think was most effective. I studied for 14 hours a day with breaks in between for 3.5 weeks.

Take topscore exams and gauge your performance. If you're getting what you want, then take it. If not, study a bit more.

I don't think you should follow someone's DAT study schedule. Your method of studying is different from other people. I didn't even take a look at the study schedule and did what I think was most effective. I studied for 14 hours a day with breaks in between for 3.5 weeks.

Take topscore exams and gauge your performance. If you're getting what you want, then take it. If not, study a bit more.

I've taken the DAT once before using the Kaplan course & materials and it was a complete failure. I didn't know where to begin this time around. Therefore, I looked through this forum and liked that the materials in the sample DAT study schedule sticky were all highly recommended by others in different posts. I feel that I need to review EVERYTHING and this study schedule does that in depth.

I'll definitely be using topscore to gauge my progress. Thanks.

just registered for this date today too. sweet.
& i think thats plenty of time to study.
altho i dont think you'll know if thats enough time to study until youre much closer to the 24th & see how youre feelin with where u stand/the material
happy studying.