June 30 test-do any more NBMEs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmlesuccess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have done UWSA1, UWSA2, NBME 6, and the prometric practice exam. Is it worth taking one last nbme before the test this saturday, or should I just focus on content right now?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure there's no right or wrong thing to do. Mine is on the 29th and I'm going to take one final NBME tomorrow to see if I can detect any glaring problems. Since you've only taken the practice exam, I'd take a real NBME test if I were you. UWSA has a very generous curve and feels very different compared to NBME. NBME tests are more bread-and-butter. I got around an 80% average on my UWSA1 and was estimated at 256, but with 90%+ on NBME I am only getting high 240/low 250.

hey
we're in the same boat, mine is on 30th too.
Last week I reviewed FA and did some offline nbme forms. Today is my last day of reviewing.
3 days before exam - no new material, I would focus on my weak topics. For example I made a list of stuff that I need to cram, around 40-50-items list, because somehow these things come and go out of my head. Plus I'm going to take a look at slides, CT, x-rays.
Wednesday - Kaplan Simulation exam, Thursday - NBME 11, Friday - Goljan HY notes (36 pages) plus Goljan HY supplement notes (around 20 pages).
Let me know if you need them and I will email you