June 30 test-takers unite!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmlesuccess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else "excited" for tomorrow's exam?

Members don't see this ad.

nervous from the very morning..just finished nbme 12, minus 10 points....:scared:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I know how you feel. I felt I was about to die the day before the exam. Deep breathes.

thanks
even I got lower than expected score I realize that my biggest problem is not that I don't know enough, but that I'm getting too nervous
hope I'm not in denial now hahaha

nervous from the very morning..just finished nbme 12, minus 10 points....:scared:

NBME 12 was the hardest one for me as well. I got 228 on 12 while getting 238 and 247 on 11 and 13 respectively. I wanted to punch the screen when the score came up after I finished 12.

Good luck!

Think of it this way. The number one reason that people don't do as well as expected is that they are nervous. Do you really want to fall into that category? Just realize that there is nothing you can do now, and being nervous will only be detrimental to the hard work that you have already put in. Cheer up. Gather up some good food for tomorrow, and remember that you will do well!

I basically used my break time to relax. I closed my eyes took deep breathes and prayed lol. I used the whole 15 min tutorial to write a few equations and just stared at the screen to make sure I can read the questions when the test comes about.

Well, I can't read that fast!! I actually like connecting each fact to my body of knowledge. I can't "just read" FA like a novel...lol

If it's of any comfort, I thought 12 was the most difficult. (I did 11,12,13)

couple weeks ago I read that 13 form is the most difficult (which actually wasn't that difficult for me) and took it then, and save form 12 for the day before exam not to freak out
I guess I should have done the opposite :)

thanks for support, guys!
I guess with all this studying I've reached that point where I almost don't care anymore, just want to do my best tomorrow and forget about step 1 as it was bad dream :)

Members don't see this ad :)
couple weeks ago I read that 13 form is the most difficult (which actually wasn't that difficult for me) and took it then, and save form 12 for the day before exam not to freak out
I guess I should have done the opposite :)

thanks for support, guys!
I guess with all this studying I've reached that point where I almost don't care anymore, just want to do my best tomorrow and forget about step 1 as it was bad dream :)

Heard the same about 13 and risked it and took it earlier this week (I'm also a June 30th taker). Scored better on it than 12 and thought 12 was more difficult. It's obviously all personal, but brush it off and best of luck tomorrow.

Can't wait 'til were done!

not having the weight of the world on my shoulders sounds fun enough for me. for the past 6 weeks i couldn't even sleep peacefully cause there was so much crap i had to get done

Exactly what I did usmlesucess. bring ear plugs. I had some annoying mcat takers in my testing site typing away at essays

When I am nervous I have to go to the bathroom pretty frequently. Just to be on the safe side, I am probably going after each section. Plus, I will have an extra 15 minutes, since I will skip through most of the tutorial, except the headphones of course.

when you wanna take a break, do you have to raise your hand and wait till someone from prometric staff will come to you or you can just stand up and go out?

this is the whole process. when your block time is up a prompt screen will go on asking you if you want to take a break. if you don't click anything you will be taken to the break screen. then if you want to go out and walk around you have to go to the proctor. you sign out and do a finger print scan. when u walk back in they scan you with a metal detector and make you empty out your pockets. then when you want to start your test again you have to type in your CIN thats on your permit. they will have you write that down on your note paper

Also, if you finish a block early, the remaining time of that block will be added to your break time. I think the max is 1.5 hours for break time, and after that, you can't add on any more minutes. That's what the person at the testing center told us.

Are you sure about that? I heard that the extra time does not get added to the break time.

That's what the lady at the Prometric Center told our group, so I assume that it's true...unless she's mistaken Step 1 for another exam.

However, break time would be the last thing anyone should have to worry about. I took two long breaks after the fourth and the sixth blocks as well as mini bathroom breaks in between other blocks and still had 20 minutes of break left when I finished!

I don't think it was that bad. The only hard part is sitting there for 8 hours and staying completely concentrated.

me too peacezealot. I can't remember much of the questions but I keep thinking what if I had fuked up without knowing it o_O. like completely misreading the question and choosing some wtf answer that makes no sense but made sense that day cause of the stress.

guess we will all know soon ...

one good thing is that I totally lucked out in my internal medicine rotation. I LUV my group. they helping me the dumb ass 3rd med student learn lol

Hope things go well next week and we get our score back this Wednesday because I don't have the stamina to wait anymore. :xf:

Hey guys, I took it june 30th. But I'm really worried because my permit link is still there? I really hope I didn't fail because none of my practice nbmes or uworld indicated that. I have a feeling that our scores are NOT coming out this wednesday but the following wednesday on the 25th. That's what a classmate told me after she asked the secretary at our school who manages all the scores for our class.

I already remembered around 8 questions that I got wrong, and I usually don't remember questions from exams. i honestly hope I didn't blow it on this exam. Anyone else feel the same?