June DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Molar Man

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I plan on taking my DAT this coming June. I finished Gen Chem and Orgo last june and this coming semester will complete Bio and Physics.

How many hours a day/week do people generally put in?

I plan on using Achiever, Destroyer and Kaplan.
any suggestions or advice would be awesome.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on if you have a job or not. For example, last year I took the Kaplan course and while also working 40 hr weeks. Not to mention studying (or trying to) on top of that. If you have too much going on, just budget enough time (~2 hours a day or so and a little more on weekends) in order to be constantly reviewing the material. I would suggest anywhere from 5-6 hours a day leading into 7-8 hours a week before you plan to take it.

My studying was so delayed, I had to finish studying for the DAT while in grad school (something I HIGHLY do not recommend). I ended up taking my DAT a month later than I wanted to.

Point of the matter, test yourself. See how much you can handle per day. It's going to be difficult setting a religious study schedule if you can't handle a lot of study hours. Do what you can, take it from there, and try to build up your study time in increments.

I would start getting into it slowly. review all the basics get a good foundation and then start taking tests from Achiever Topscore and doing all the questions from the Destroyer just make sure you know everything and the DAT will work out great! Good Luck!