June Mcat too late for this years application round?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSkool4me

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thinking of taking the June MCAT. Is that score too late for primaries? I've heard the schools dont look at your app until everything is in (personal statements, grades, MCATs). Should I just take the late may one instead? or is that one too late too?

Members don't see this ad.

Thinking of taking the June MCAT. Is that score too late for primaries? I've heard the schools dont look at your app until everything is in (personal statements, grades, MCATs). Should I just take the late may one instead? or is that one too late too?

not necessarily, depends on the school. my top 3 choices said they'll accept scores this year.. june/may wont make a difference. even if u turned your amcas in on june 4th/5th, it'll be probably 4-6 weeks for verificaiton (and by then your scores should be back, or close to).. it wont hold you up much.:luck:

or July and even August. My Kaplan teacher is on the ADCOM of a top ranking medical school, and she said they frequently don't even get to applications until late July/ August. She said the June MCAT will still give you a chance at the first round of interviews. Most schools deadlines aren't until October, so technically any MCAT score until September is o.k.

Members don't see this ad :)
Uhhh...pretty sure every school will take your scores from the June test. In the AMCAS application, there's a section that allows you to mark off any future dates that you plan on taking the MCAT. Just state that you plan on taking it, and the schools will wait for your scores to come out in July, which is still early in the process. You will be fine.

Thanks for confirming that, Despina. I just changed my date from 5/31 to 6/15, and these guys posting asking if the June MCAT is too late were starting to stress me out.

Guys, if you want to have the least delay possible, have all of your transcripts in and submit your AMCAS application on the very first day, June 5th. It will probably take a few weeks to get verified anyway. And from what I've heard, a number of schools will send you secondaries before your MCAT score even comes out, so you can get started on some secondaries. Then, when your score comes out in mid-July and is transmitted to the schools, you'll be complete at some (those that you already returned the secondaries for), and perhaps just delayed by two weeks for the others if you turn around their secondaries asap. At least, that's my plan! Good luck.

or July and even August. My Kaplan teacher is on the ADCOM of a top ranking medical school, and she said they frequently don't even get to applications until late July/ August. She said the June MCAT will still give you a chance at the first round of interviews. Most schools deadlines aren't until October, so technically any MCAT score until September is o.k.
This is what I was told too. :D