June Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kip

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know off the top of their heads which secondaries come in as early as mid-late June?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, since AMCAS doesn't even submit your info to the schools until the last week of June or so, the secondaries don't come out till then. The ones I got in late June last year were (in chronological order):

-U Chicago
-Columbia
-U Michigan
-Ohio State

Edit: Also, there are some schools that open their secondary websites earlier than that but don't formally send out an "invitation" email for you to fill it out until later. However, I've heard that some of them frown upon people that jump the gun and log into the application ahead of time so I would wait for the invites before you do so.

Well, since AMCAS doesn't even submit your info to the schools until the last week of June or so, the secondaries don't come out till then. The ones I got in late June last year were (in chronological order):

-U Chicago
-Columbia
-U Michigan
-Ohio State

Edit: Also, there are some schools that open their secondary websites earlier than that but don't formally send out an "invitation" email for you to fill it out until later. However, I've heard that some of them frown upon people that jump the gun and log into the application ahead of time so I would wait for the invites before you do so.

Why does AMCAS wait till end of June? so even if you submit on the first day you still can't get secondaries till July?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why does AMCAS wait till end of June? so even if you submit on the first day you still can't get secondaries till July?

To test our patience in preparation for patients.