Junior College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bellepepper

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I majored in business, plan on taking my certified public accounting exam, after in a 1-2 years I plan to take science classes because my heart has always been set on dentistry. Given the situation in California universities it's impossible to take science classes at a university, adding classes at a Junior college/community college is easier. Do dental schools not take you serious if you take the classes at a JC?

Members don't see this ad.

I majored in business, plan on taking my certified public accounting exam, after in a 1-2 years I plan to take science classes because my heart has always been set on dentistry. Given the situation in California universities it's impossible to take science classes at a university, adding classes at a Junior college/community college is easier. Do dental schools not take you serious if you take the classes at a JC?

The majority of dental schools prefer that you complete your prerequisites at a 4-year university. However, plenty of students have been accepted after completing their prerequisites at a community college. You should also be planning to take some upper level science courses at a 4-year university and do well on the DAT to prove that the CC you went to isn't a joke.
I am a cc student who completed all of my prerequisites at a community college and I will continue at a 4-year university in the spring to take some upper level science courses.

good luck to you.