1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Junior College

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Bellepepper, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Bellepepper

Pre-Dental
    I majored in business, plan on taking my certified public accounting exam, after in a 1-2 years I plan to take science classes because my heart has always been set on dentistry. Given the situation in California universities it's impossible to take science classes at a university, adding classes at a Junior college/community college is easier. Do dental schools not take you serious if you take the classes at a JC?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ScarletKnight24

Removed

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    The majority of dental schools prefer that you complete your prerequisites at a 4-year university. However, plenty of students have been accepted after completing their prerequisites at a community college. You should also be planning to take some upper level science courses at a 4-year university and do well on the DAT to prove that the CC you went to isn't a joke.
    I am a cc student who completed all of my prerequisites at a community college and I will continue at a 4-year university in the spring to take some upper level science courses.

good luck to you.