Just a heads up...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeMD13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are applying both osteopathic and allopathic, don't let yourself slip and say step 1 if you're asking about boards. Apparently it's level 1 in the DO world or just say COMLEX. Someone asked about step 1 in a group tour and there was this long awkward pause and the lady looked irritated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are applying both osteopathic and allopathic, don't let yourself slip and say step 1 if you're asking about boards. Apparently it's level 1 in the DO world or just say COMLEX. Someone asked about step 1 in a group tour and there was this long awkward pause and the lady looked irritated.

Why the click bait title?
Yes, I agree. Do your research before the interviews so you know what to ask about.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol, I asked about step 1 at one of my interviews and they got all huffy and explained if was level 1 of the COMLEX and then I said I knew that and was literally asking about USMLE step 1. Then I got a huge rant about how you don't need a step score to match and why would you want to take the MD test... :confused: yeah I'm with you OP, for some reason this is a weird trigger.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One school gave me a rant about why they don't prep their students for USMLE and why it doesn't matter after I asked if they prepped for both board exams with the merger coming up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
You must have been talking to some True Believer DOs, right?

Lol, I asked about step 1 at one of my interviews and they got all huffy and explained if was level 1 of the COMLEX and then I said I knew that and was literally asking about USMLE step 1. Then I got a huge rant about how you don't need a step score to match and why would you want to take the MD test... :confused: yeah I'm with you OP, for some reason this is a weird trigger.

Reactions: 5 users
I asked first years at CCOM if they planned on taking Step 1 and no one was offended, they all said they planned on taking it

Unfortunately still have to the "play the game" with the schools, beyond that no one cares and many students will be taking USMLE Step 1 as well.

Nice try spacehamster. The really anatomy grey would know that already! ;)

With the merger, it is unknown whether or not we will be taking both or only USMLE. Lots of DO students take USMLE, it shouldn't have been disregarded.