Just a little motivation- Family Practice

candice351

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm 16 yrs old going into my senior year of high school.
My whole life I've been in the medical aspect.
I grew up in hospitals and clinics because of my mom's job.
I've wanted to go into the medical field all my life.

I guess I just need some motivation and information about my dream.

I have decided that i want to go into general practice/family practice because that way i get more of a wide helping scale.
If i'm wrong about this explain it to me please.

My senior year I'm taking a CNA class just incase in college i decide not to go to med school and i could just be a nurse.

what kind of classes were taken your undergrad year?
and how did you handle it?
how many a semester?
did you work while taking them?

could you finish earlier than the 4 years?
did you get any scholarships or grants because you were going into the med field?

anything else interesting would help

Members don't see this ad.

answers below...

I'm 16 yrs old going into my senior year of high school.
My whole life I've been in the medical aspect.
I grew up in hospitals and clinics because of my mom's job.
I've wanted to go into the medical field all my life.

I guess I just need some motivation and information about my dream.

I have decided that i want to go into general practice/family practice because that way i get more of a wide helping scale.
If i'm wrong about this explain it to me please.

My senior year I'm taking a CNA class just incase in college i decide not to go to med school and i could just be a nurse.

when you get to college talk to your pre-med adviser - they will help you ensure you are taking the right courseload. but for the most part, you will take basic sciences and some other electives.

while it is certainly different from high school, if you come in with the right attitude you will do just fine.

how many a semester?

i took 4-5 classes a semester depending on their credit hours

yep, just need some good time management skills. i think you will find that alot of people work during college.

yes you could, but i wouldn't find sacrifice my grades for getting done early

did you get any scholarships or grants because you were going into the med field?
for two semesters I did, but it was a scholarship through my hometown. do some searching online and at your college advisers office for other opportunities

anything else interesting would help

It'll depend on your major.

I did much better in college than HS. Mostly because I took my classes in college seriously and I spent most of HS partying. College does take more work than HS to do well.

how many a semester?
I took 4 classes most semesters (1 or 2 in summer semesters). I usually aimed for two hard classes and two easy classes a semester (easy and hard may be different for each person).

I worked quite a bit during college, but I allways put my classes first. I worked for myself most of the time, so I could usually take off as much time as I wanted to study.

I could have finished in 3.5 years, but I opted for 4 so I could have two light semesters my senior year instead of one stessful semester. I know some people who finished in three years due to a bunch of AP credit from highschool.

I got some scholarships, but none for going into the medical field. I do know there are some out there though.

Members don't see this ad :)