Just A Little Worrisome

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WENDY8210

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY GUYS,

IM JUST A LITTLE CONCERN AND HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS WILL HELP ME OUT. I JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT IF NOVA GRANT AN INTERVIEW WITH OUT OAT SCORE. AS OF NOW IM PREPARING FOR MY OAT THROUGH KAPLAN TO TAKE THE OAT IN FEB. I JUST ASK B/C I HAVE BEEN GRANTED 3 INTERVIEWS WITH SUNY, NECO AND PCO. AND ANOTHER THING, DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND TOPSCORE TO PRATICE FOR THE OAT AND IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER TIPS THAT WORK FOR YOU GUYS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I FEEL THAT EVEN THOUGH IM DOING KAPLAN THAT ITS NOT ENOUGH TO PREPARE FOR THE EXAM. IF YOU GUYS CAN HELP, IT WILL BE A LIFE SAVER. THANKS :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I found TopProScore to be very helpful. Being able to take full length OATs helped me with my test-taking stamina. When I took the OAT Kaplan hadn't come-out with their OAT prep-course, or I would've done that in a heartbeat. But in the end, taking practice OATs is essential in my opinion, so get your hands on as many as you can! I got one from the OAT test taking service along with the OAT registration form also.

Thanks Soxtown, I Also Bought 3 Full Lenghts Oat From Kaplan, But I Also Rather Have Different Oat Exams Not Dealing With Kaplan, For Example Topscore.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey wendy, what are your stats? i ask because i know your stats have to be quite high to be offered an interview prior to oat scores. :)

i mean my stats are good i believe. i mean i dont have a 4.0 but im around ~ 3.2. but i have worked in an optical laboratory and for the last year i have been working/participating in an immunology research lab and i participated in an optomerty internship program. i believe that because of my extracurricular activies is that i have been granted at least 2 interviews and maybe my gpa has a little to do with it. i just have to do very well on my oat. so what do think?? do you agree with me?? also im proud of what i have done and what i have. =)

You should definitely be proud of what you've accomplished

Did you purchase 3 full lengths outside of what they provided you in your Kaplan materials? Because I think all the Kaplan stuff is more than what you'll need. It's tough even to go through the ginormous book and ALL the workshops and practice tests they have. My advice is, concentrate on the subjects/areas that you have a hard time with (you can get an idea after you took your diagnostic) and also consistently do the subject tests. If you manage to get through all the practice tests, I'm sure you'll do great. The fact that you've been granted interviews w/o OAT scores is already a good sign IMO.

hey wendy, i wouldn't worry too much. i was offered interviews at neco, pco, and suny w/o oat scores. gpa and extracurriculars have a lot to do with being a good doctor, and the admissions at these schools knows that. just work hard, be focussed, and anything is possible. :thumbup:

20/15 said:
Did you purchase 3 full lengths outside of what they provided you in your Kaplan materials? Because I think all the Kaplan stuff is more than what you'll need. It's tough even to go through the ginormous book and ALL the workshops and practice tests they have. My advice is, concentrate on the subjects/areas that you have a hard time with (you can get an idea after you took your diagnostic) and also consistently do the subject tests. If you manage to get through all the practice tests, I'm sure you'll do great. The fact that you've been granted interviews w/o OAT scores is already a good sign IMO.

HI 20/15, I BOUGHT THE KAPLAN 3 FULL LENGHTS EXAM BOOK BEFORE I REGISTERED TO TAKE THE KAPLAN OAT COURSE. I JUST BOUGHT THESE TO GET GET EXTRA PRACTICE MATERIAL. THANKS A LOT FOR THE ADVICE :)

[hey wendy,
can you tell me how you purchase those 3 full length exams seperate from the kaplan oat course? I have been looking around and do not see how you can order it without taking the kaplan OAT course..thanks

Lynn