Just a poor ADA joke?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R9973

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two weeks to go until I take the DAT, so I decided to check out the ADA sample DAT...
Obviously, a few of the sections were not complete, but did anyone else find this test to be ridiculously easy?

Bad joke by ADA or does it really represent a solid test?

Members don't see this ad.

Two weeks to go until I take the DAT, so I decided to check out the ADA sample DAT...
Obviously, a few of the sections were not complete, but did anyone else find this test to be ridiculously easy?

Bad joke by ADA or does it really represent a solid test?

um yeah... that sample test isn't really representative of the real thing

Take that test to get a feel for the format of the exam and the computer setup, but definitely don't trust the difficulty level.

Members don't see this ad :)
IMHO, the stuff on the DAT really isn't that hard. it mainly tests only shallow knowledge of concepts and rote memorization....what makes the test hard is that there is such a broad range of concepts you have to know about (especially biology!!). for example, you don't really have to know all of the complexities about the cranial nerves or the intricacies of a specific pathway in the body, you just have to have a basic knowledge of a lot of different things.

for me, i think a lot of the difficulty of the test was psychological. if you tell yourself it's going to be ok, that will help. on my test, there was a lot of basic stuff that ppl should know if they've paid enough attention in there classes and then there were just a few questions i'd never seen before in my life (i tried to memorize ALL the divisions of taxonomy/nomenclature stuff, and i only ended up with one question about it on the test)..also, i memorized a whole bunch of like trig identities, but some crazy sincosintan (or whatever) things popped up that i had never seen before in my life.

you really can't fret over a few oscur questions that you will most likely not come across in your hours and hours of studying. just study hard and dont let it freak you out

No, it's not a joke. Go take the real one and bring home a 29. good luck. :rolleyes:

Throw that sample test out the window! Pick up topscore, destroyer or kaplan and that it more like the actual exam.

i've already taken Kaplan online and have read the blue book front to back multiple times...hoping for a test like the one on ADA!!!