Technology just a query...knoppix user?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I have a bootable cd with knoppix on it....

I made it so my buddy could get a feel for what linux was like without a full-blown installation.
 
Hi,

Knoppix was what I initially used to get an idea of what a Linux based OS was like. Now im a GentooGeek 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I looked at a bunch of different distros...I finally landed on SuSE, which had all the functionality I needed (plus, it was the only one where I could get ALL my hardware configured...hah) I've never tried Knoppix though...I wanted my switch from Windows to be a bit more permanent because XP SP2 really slowed my machine down.
 
I have both my laptop and desktop set up to dual-boot XPpro and Gentoo. Best of both worlds.
 
Knoppix is just Debian on a bootable CD. I used it for a while, but now im settled on Fedora Core 3 🙂