just a question..

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BlueEyes44

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The other day I was shadowing my optometrist and a little girl came in for an appointment. She had on really thick glasses and when she took them off, her one eye kind of jumped around a lot and went into the corner...if that makes any sense. My time was up, so I had to leave to get to my next class but I was wondering if anyone here knew what was wrong with her...is that just ambylopia or something more? I think my optometrist mentioned that she had to wear glasses like that for her entire life, and couldn't wear contacts because of her condition. I appreciate the help!
 
BlueEyes44 said:
The other day I was shadowing my optometrist and a little girl came in for an appointment. She had on really thick glasses and when she took them off, her one eye kind of jumped around a lot and went into the corner...if that makes any sense. My time was up, so I had to leave to get to my next class but I was wondering if anyone here knew what was wrong with her...is that just ambylopia or something more? I think my optometrist mentioned that she had to wear glasses like that for her entire life, and couldn't wear contacts because of her condition. I appreciate the help!

Sounds like accomodative esotropia