Just a quick question

Started by kbrown
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kbrown

chicken
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New EM resident to be. I signed up to do neurosurg vs neurology. Looking for a good manual that could help me through the rotation. Just need something that will help me succeed on the rotation and get a solid grasp on this area. Thanks in advance!!
 
Okay...so lots of lookers, no takers. Let's try something different. Would Essential Neurosurgery by Kaye be a good book????
 
kbrown said:
Okay...so lots of lookers, no takers. Let's try something different. Would Essential Neurosurgery by Kaye be a good book????


I would suggest Greenberg's Handbook of Neurosurgery.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PICA said:
I would suggest Greenberg's Handbook of Neurosurgery.
Ditto. Greenberg's is a great handbook for neurosurg, not so much for neurology.
 
kbrown said:
New EM resident to be. I signed up to do neurosurg vs neurology. Looking for a good manual that could help me through the rotation. Just need something that will help me succeed on the rotation and get a solid grasp on this area. Thanks in advance!!

For an elective, you sure took a tough rotation. Neurology is cush...
 
Debridement said:
For an elective, you sure took a tough rotation. Neurology is cush...

i know, that's why i did it. i have no doubt that about 15 minutes into the rotation i will be bit#%&ng about it, but i also know that I will gain an awesome hold on care of critical pts. i think it will be a good payoff in the end. we'll see.
 
kbrown said:
i know, that's why i did it. i have no doubt that about 15 minutes into the rotation i will be bit#%&ng about it, but i also know that I will gain an awesome hold on care of critical pts. i think it will be a good payoff in the end. we'll see.

Your first 15 minutes will be nice and early. Have fun with that....