just a thought

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HOLLYWOOD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you could make $125,000 as something other than an o.d.(no graduate school required) would you do it ?

Members don't see this ad.

HOLLYWOOD said:
If you could make $125,000 as something other than an o.d.(no graduate school required) would you do it ?

I have thought of this before, briefly, after I hear someone say that their best friends sisters boyfriends brothers girlfriend... is making over 100K+ in IT, Business, sales, etc. For a moment I feel it’s unfair that I will have to spend 8 yrs in school and 200K to make it to "6 figures," and they are financially stable at a young age. Then I wonder if I could be happy doing those types of jobs (No). My final thought is that my professional goal is to be a clinician; to examine, diagnose, and treat patients. I want work with people, not with computers and I want to help people, not sell them something. I want the intellectual challenge that an advanced degree requires. So the answer to that question is definitly no I wouldn't. But congrats to all the financially stable young adults out there! Can I have a loan?

If I were any good at business, that's what I would go into if I had another chance as a freshmen. They make a lot more money and much sooner than most in the health field. They are very lucky in that aspect. But many times, their jobs are also very stressful and require super long hours. My boyfriend just graduated from undergrad and is working as a trader. He works the night shift from 4pm-5am. I can't imagine sitting in front of a computer all day and working for 12 hours!