just a thought

Started by Homoochan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Homoochan

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hm..
When I applied to ~25 schools last year.. I applied with exact same stats I have right now (3.6/34O) but did not receive any interview invite or even a rejection letter from any of the schools.. (and I applied broadly) I've gotten secondary app invite e-mails though.. just thought that is a bit weird.. what's the chance that ~25 schools rejecting me silently..

EDIT: well.. I applied late.. submitted AMCAS app like in late sep and early Oct but there are plenty of people who applied late and still got in (not necessarily with 4.0/45 but with 3.5/30 ish stat)
 
Hm..
When I applied to ~25 schools last year.. I applied with exact same stats I have right now (3.6/34O) but did not receive any interview invite or even a rejection letter from any of the schools.. (and I applied broadly) I’ve gotten secondary app invite e-mails though.. just thought that is a bit weird.. what’s the chance that ~25 schools rejecting me silently..

What? You didn't get a single rejection letter? Obviously something with your application process got screwed up.
 
What? You didn't get a single rejection letter? Obviously something with your application process got screwed up.

Word. You were at least suppose to get rejections. Did the schools cash your checks/took money for your CC?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That sounds weird that not one of them rejected you. Did you complete your application at all of them (LOR / secondary and fee)? Have you kept an eye on the threads for your 25 schools to see if others have been receiving rejections?
 
Yeah I paid $ and all my status was "completed."
Well.. one school (UPenn) actually updated my status as regrets but other than that nothing happened all the others were "silent" rejection
Maybe they didn't want to send snail mail all the way to canada or something
Oh well.. let's see what happens this year!!!
 
i thought i was in a bad situation:

two application cycles, about 25 schools each time (secondaries) applied broadly
3.47/31, 0 interviews, 25 rejections (twice)

but i think maybe being an international applicant has something to do with it? or are canadian students not considered "international"