Just accepted to AZCOM!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inquiringmind24

"The fact man"
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just found out that I was accepted to AZCOM! Finally my first acceptance....what a relief! I should be finding out about KCOM pretty soon as well, but if accepted there it will be a hard decision. Are there any AZCOM students out there or those who have committed there who have some advice for me? I liked AZCOM alot, but I would like to hear from someone about why they chose it over other schools they were accepted to. I just may be desert bound..... :D

Members don't see this ad.

congrats :thumbup:

let us know what happens w/ kcom :)

Congrats ....

I got my acceptance to AZCOM as well this week so may be seeing you out there. I was really pumped. Now it is just a waiting game is all. Will say however, AZCOM is a really great school and a nice locale to live it seems.

Congrats AGAIN! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats as well . . .

If you decide to come to AZCOM you will love it. I have absoluetly no regrets.

So are you AZCOM for sure, or are you waiting to hear back from other schools? I liked it alot down there and their pass rates on the boards are excellent. I'll have to see what happens at CCOM next Friday before I make a decision. But we may see each other next year!

A few questions about AZCOM:

Does the fact that the school is relatively new make it harder to get a good residency?

Do students seem to like the preceptor based rotations over the tradition types? That sounds cool to me, but I'd like to hear feedback from students who have done them.

Other than that the school seems great and I would love to attend!

i just called azcom...i got in! im so excited.

Anyone have it? Please PM it to me! Much appreciated!!

sepaul said:
Anyone have it? Please PM it to me! Much appreciated!!
it's on either the azcom 07 or 06 thread. can't remember which.

Rotation & Residency - Seems like you can go where you like for rotation and residency. I know that the preceptor based option has its pluses and minuses.

PLUS = Good docs lead to good exposures in that particular rotation due to one on one exposure. See many of the same procedure over and over, might eventually want to perform in that particular field when you practice.

NEGATIVE = By the same right, a bad experience in a discipline will be limiting as well. Might not have as many exposures to different cases, which could leave doors unopened and unexplored.

Overall, the system can work both ways. I would say try to rotate out to another area. That is what I would probably do if I decided to head out to Arizona.

It seemed as if the people there liked it and they did as they pleased. Many said, "Rotations are what the person makes of them and how flexible they are"

Hope that helps!

Congrats on your acceptance! I was recently accepted to AZCOM as well...it seemed like a great school, but I'm having difficult deciding which school to choose!

Maybe I'll cya in AZ next year!

Congrats!! I'm so jealous! :) My bf's family lives in AZ, Phoenix area, and it's just the best, prettiest, most perfect weather anywhere! I checked out the AZCOM campus in August and it's so nice. I'll be applying next year. :)

Inquiringmind24 said:
Just found out that I was accepted to AZCOM! Finally my first acceptance....what a relief! I should be finding out about KCOM pretty soon as well, but if accepted there it will be a hard decision. Are there any AZCOM students out there or those who have committed there who have some advice for me? I liked AZCOM alot, but I would like to hear from someone about why they chose it over other schools they were accepted to. I just may be desert bound..... :D
Congrats... when did you interview

Congratulations!! That's great!

Congrats on AZCOM. I will be attending next year as well. See you there.

Kona said:
Congrats on AZCOM. I will be attending next year as well. See you there.

Kona,
What's up man! So you've decided on AZCOM for sure?

Just wondering if anyone else who interviewed on the 4th of October will be attending AZCOM next year. I'm certainly leaning towards attending at this point. Maybe I'll see someone I recognize from interview day. As of new I'd say there's a 75% chance I'll be headed down to AZ next year!

Yeah, I've decided against AZCOM. Too far from family and just not the right fit for me. I've been accepted elsewhere with scholarship and AZCOM doesn't have any $ to offer. Good luck to the rest of you though!

AZCOM seems to be a good fit,

with the quarter system (much like the allopaths), professors are forced to cut out the garbage out of their lectures, and stay focused on preparing the students for the boards....as opposed to kcom/dmu students, where they spend a lot more time in lectures...

on the other hand, AZCOM seems to be stingy with letting students borrow more money, compare AZCOM to KCOM/DMU yourself, and you'll see that you will have a lot more money at a given time in your pocket if you go to KCOM/DMU

choosing between the three is definitely killing me...

good luck guys...

Congratulations. I hope to see your there in the fall!