1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Just an idea

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by fab4fan, Apr 12, 2007.

1. fab4fan

fab4fan TiredRetiredRN
    Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

I think it would be nice for those of us non-physicians to have a place to ask clinical questions of those who are. Just today I had a situation that I could have used someone to bounce questions off, but no one was at hand. The pt was taken care of, but it could have been a learning exp. for me too.

I don't know if anyone else in my position or a similar one would be interested in the same, but I am always interested in learning. Sometimes what you want to know can't always be readily researched.

It's just a suggestion. I wouldn't want it to turn into some sort of troll fest, though. Even if someone is willing to answer questions via PM, that may be a better option, although others wouldn't benefit.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Blue Dog

Blue Dog Fides et ratio.
    Physician Gold Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Several of the professional forums have case-related threads on occasion. I don't see any problem with it, as long as you take the answers you receive with a grain of salt. Obviously, don't divulge any personal details about a patient that would enable them to be identified (HIPAA, you know.) ;)