SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Just an idea

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by fab4fan, Apr 12, 2007.

1. fab4fan

fab4fan TiredRetiredRN Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Desolation Row
    I think it would be nice for those of us non-physicians to have a place to ask clinical questions of those who are. Just today I had a situation that I could have used someone to bounce questions off, but no one was at hand. The pt was taken care of, but it could have been a learning exp. for me too.

I don't know if anyone else in my position or a similar one would be interested in the same, but I am always interested in learning. Sometimes what you want to know can't always be readily researched.

It's just a suggestion. I wouldn't want it to turn into some sort of troll fest, though. Even if someone is willing to answer questions via PM, that may be a better option, although others wouldn't benefit.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Blue Dog

Blue Dog Fides et ratio. Physician Gold Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Several of the professional forums have case-related threads on occasion. I don't see any problem with it, as long as you take the answers you receive with a grain of salt. Obviously, don't divulge any personal details about a patient that would enable them to be identified (HIPAA, you know.) ;)