Just another chance me thread :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkpredent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys, so i know theres like a hundred of these on here, but ive been reading conflicting things. i know that no one can really tell for sure, but humor me :laugh:
AA: 22 TS: 22 PAT: 20 Bio: 20 OC: 25 GC: 25 QR: 17 RC: 24
Overall: 3.6 Sci: 3.4
Psych major, top tier college however not much in school related extracurriculars.
Worked on one psych research project for a summer. Been active in one charity for 4 years, one summer at a hospital, but thats about it. In addition, I've worked throughout college, and have only really gone through about 6 months were I did not have a job (family issues). I now assist at a dental office and also work in the front as well. Have been doing that for about 1 year now and I know hell write me a glowing recommendation. Don't have a great recommendation form science professors (since I'm not a science major), but have one from both my research advisor and psych professor.
I plan on applying June 1, and spending all of May on my personal statement.
Thanks so much guys!! Everyone here is always so helpful, its truly amazing!

I think you'll be alright. Since you have a good sci GPA and scored well on the sci portion of your DAT, a not-so-stellar LOR from a sci prof won't hurt you. You seem well rounded and have assisting experience, so that's a plus.

However, the application doesn't open until June 4th this year. In addition to your in state schools, apply to a range of schools that interest you.

Good luck

Your chance to get interviews is very high. High like sky...

Yeah, apply in june and wait for interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Only potential problem could be awesome scores on every section and then a really low QR. might not be a big deal but you'll see I guess. Good luck!

we have verrrrry similar stats....even the low QR! i'm applying this june as well so fingers crossed!!

I think you'll be alright. Since you have a good sci GPA and scored well on the sci portion of your DAT, a not-so-stellar LOR from a sci prof won't hurt you. You seem well rounded and have assisting experience, so that's a plus.

However, the application doesn't open until June 4th this year. In addition to your in state schools, apply to a range of schools that interest you.

Good luck

+1 :thumbup:

I'm doing a committee letter thru my school so hopefully the rather generic science letter wont matter as much :confused:
And I have no idea what happened to me in qr, totally underestimated that section. I was using destroyer, but not really timing myself. Big mistake

Hi guys, so i know theres like a hundred of these on here, but ive been reading conflicting things. i know that no one can really tell for sure, but humor me :laugh:
AA: 22 TS: 22 PAT: 20 Bio: 20 OC: 25 GC: 25 QR: 17 RC: 24
Overall: 3.6 Sci: 3.4
Psych major, top tier college however not much in school related extracurriculars.
Worked on one psych research project for a summer. Been active in one charity for 4 years, one summer at a hospital, but thats about it. In addition, I've worked throughout college, and have only really gone through about 6 months were I did not have a job (family issues). I now assist at a dental office and also work in the front as well. Have been doing that for about 1 year now and I know hell write me a glowing recommendation. Don't have a great recommendation form science professors (since I'm not a science major), but have one from both my research advisor and psych professor.
I plan on applying June 1, and spending all of May on my personal statement.
Thanks so much guys!! Everyone here is always so helpful, its truly amazing!

I graduated with a degree in psychology from A&M - I was accepted to 2 dental schools. You scores are great, and a solid GPA. :thumbup: