just average here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ianwright

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow future student doctors. I've been reading all your comments for the past two years now, and this is my first post. I wanted some honest opinions about my chances for dental school. Good/Average/Bad - just hit me with it!

I personally feel I'm an average student - (not a good thing). I'd like to think of my self representing all those average students out there!

Major: Biology

Science GPA: 2.90 (darn calculus grades - 2 F's)
BCP: 3.10
Non-Science: 3.19
Overall: 3.02

DAT's - will take soon

Extra's: 20hrs shadowing (yep - thats it) any suggestions what I should do this late into the process?

I would appreciate any kind of input/feedback

Members don't see this ad.

ianwright said:
Hello fellow future student doctors. I've been reading all your comments for the past two years now, and this is my first post. I wanted some honest opinions about my chances for dental school. Good/Average/Bad - just hit me with it!

I personally feel I'm an average student - (not a good thing). I'd like to think of my self representing all those average students out there!

Major: Biology

Science GPA: 2.90 (darn calculus grades - 2 F's)
BCP: 3.10
Non-Science: 3.19
Overall: 3.02

DAT's - will take soon

Extra's: 20hrs shadowing (yep - thats it) any suggestions what I should do this late into the process?

I would appreciate any kind of input/feedback
rock the dat...nuff said

You're GPA isn't the greatest. But kick a-- on the DAT and you should be in a competitive situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you applying this year? I'm not sure where your stats are but here's a good website to see how you compare against all the averages for each school.
http://dentalstats.tripod.com/03-04.htm

You might be on the low-side but if you do really well on your DAT's (>21) I think you have a fair chance at some schools.

Hey buddies, thanks so much for all of your inputs. Not even 10 minutes and allready 3 responses. You all have absolutely no idea how much motivation I have to rock the DAT's now. Thanks again!

Best of luck all of you!

Get 20+ on the DAT's and possibly get to know the dean of the school you're really hoping to attend. I've found that those with some connections are definitely favored, and wouldn't hurt to familiarize yourself in any way.

pearlynj said:
Get 20+ on the DAT's and possibly get to know the dean of the school you're really hoping to attend. I've found that those with some connections are definitely favored, and wouldn't hurt to familiarize yourself in any way.
How would you go about doing this if the school is far away? Phone calls? Email?