Just beginning the process...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

the_firebolt

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello

I am not sure if this is the right place on SDN to post this.

I was hoping to get some advice. I have a bachelors degree from outside the US and am interested in a career in medicine. I am fully aware how close to impossible that is for international students and therefore I am seriously considering applying to med schools outside of US.

I will be applying to medical schools outside of US as well (Duke-NUS to be specific). At this point, I have an MS admit from University of Southern California (Not funded) and a PhD admit from NUS (fully funded). I am at a cross-road and I could really use some advice in this regard. (Of course National University of Singapore would mean bye bye to any hopes of doing MD in USA).

Thanks
 
I am aware about all those things. Which is why I am seriously considering Duke-NUS as they will consider my undergraduate credits and graduate education will only add to my profile. Ofcourse for US medical schools, I would need an MS, post-bacc to complete all the sciences courses, green card and only then I can consider applying.
In either case, as I am only beginning the process, I am seeking advice for choice of grad school.