just came back from the track

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

militarymd

SDN Angel
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had a ton of fun....Learned a lot about sport riding...then I crashed

barber08001uv1.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

That looks very cool but I would take a roll cage and 5 point harness instead if I were going around the track. You have the bigger marbles doing it on a motorcycle that fast.

Members don't see this ad :)
That looks very cool but I would take a roll cage and 5 point harness instead if I were going around the track. You have the bigger marbles doing it on a motorcycle that fast.

that might be next, but it's so much more expensive

Let's see the carnage....

I spun coming down Turn 12 at Road Atlanta. No damage, just a lot of dirt in the headliner and under the hood. Much embarassment.
Going back next month.

Attachments

• STI Road Atlanta 6-1-08.jpg
    STI Road Atlanta 6-1-08.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 102
Let's see the carnage....

I spun coming down Turn 12 at Road Atlanta. No damage, just a lot of dirt in the headliner and under the hood. Much embarassment.
Going back next month.

Turn 12 is scary...the turn after going over the hill after 10a and 10b right?

Miguel Duhamel crashed there this year and busted up his spleen.

Is your STI a 06...that's what I have also.

that might be next, but it's so much more expensive

Not all 4 wheel racing has to be: http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/faqs/

This is what my buddies and I are doing when we're big, bad attendings.

-But seriously, I'm going into karting (also post-residency); there's a pretty good environment in CA. Unfortunately, I didn't see much karting involvement on the Road Atlanta website, but the WKA is having an event there later this year. Also, its a Skip Barber home course; so there are plenty of events that you can join, albeit a little more costly. Anyone that's into racing doesn't have to be turned away because of the cost. Besides even karting, there are relatively affordable avenues to get in the racing game. Its unfortunate 'cause so many people that would love it and can afford it are just unaware.

*And for those who think karts are for kids:
http://www.bondurantsuperkarts.com/vids/kart_vs_corvette.wmv

I ain't saying I'd rather race karts than vettes, but since I don't have the coin...:laugh: