Just Curious...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lhereIaml

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what percent of majors apply to medical schools? I heard from somewhere that 50% of all accepted students had music majors. I'm not looking to get in med school by majoring soemthing in somethind odd. Whatz your take on this?

Members don't see this ad.

Buy the MSAR ... that book has it all

edit: and I have to wave the bullsh1t flag for 50% "Music Major" :rolleyes: ... its a funny thought tho... school with a bunch of singing doctors :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
That sounds a bit odd to me.... most schools only have 1 to 2 students in the "other" category when it comes to majors. Maybe you meant that 50% of music majors that apply are accepted? That is more likely to be true. I'm a music major now and have some acceptances, and I know 1 other music major who applied. He didn't get accepted... so that makes 50% out of the 2 people I know

An Adcom member told me that Philosophy majors have the highest percentage of acceptance, because there is very few of them applying to medschool and schools with a commitment to background diversity are suckers for that. Yet again, as BMW M3 says, the best reference for this would be the MSAR.

lhereIaml said:
Does anyone know what percent of majors apply to medical schools? I heard from somewhere that 50% of all accepted students had music majors. I'm not looking to get in med school by majoring soemthing in somethind odd. Whatz your take on this?

This doesn't make any sense. 50% of people accepted to medical school are not music majors.

It is possible that 50% of music majors that apply to medical school are accepted. This statement would make more sense.