Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Just Curious...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lhereIaml, Nov 12, 2005.

1. lhereIaml

lhereIaml Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Does anyone know what percent of majors apply to medical schools? I heard from somewhere that 50% of all accepted students had music majors. I'm not looking to get in med school by majoring soemthing in somethind odd. Whatz your take on this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BMW M3

BMW M3 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Buy the MSAR ... that book has it all

edit: and I have to wave the bullsh1t flag for 50% "Music Major" :rolleyes: ... its a funny thought tho... school with a bunch of singing doctors :laugh:

4. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  5. ggt187

ggt187 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    That sounds a bit odd to me.... most schools only have 1 to 2 students in the "other" category when it comes to majors. Maybe you meant that 50% of music majors that apply are accepted? That is more likely to be true. I'm a music major now and have some acceptances, and I know 1 other music major who applied. He didn't get accepted... so that makes 50% out of the 2 people I know

6. rhystheprince

rhystheprince MVPhysician
    5+ Year Member

An Adcom member told me that Philosophy majors have the highest percentage of acceptance, because there is very few of them applying to medschool and schools with a commitment to background diversity are suckers for that. Yet again, as BMW M3 says, the best reference for this would be the MSAR.

7. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    This doesn't make any sense. 50% of people accepted to medical school are not music majors.

It is possible that 50% of music majors that apply to medical school are accepted. This statement would make more sense.