Just curious..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannabeOrtho

Surgery Go'er
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heya,

Most of you probably remember my other post's. I am going to the 4 year university to hopefully do a double major in Biology, and Psychology. Are medical school applications, and such still saturated with Biology majors? Whether it is, or isn't will not relflect what I plan to do. I am just curious. How often has people heard/seen of Psychology majors applying? I feel Biology, and Psychology is both what I would do other than Nursing if I do not get into medical school. I love learning about the human body, but I also love learning about how the human brain reacts, and such. I feel these are perfect for me, while being a doctor would be more than perfect, but if that does not happen these are perfect.

Justin

Members don't see this ad.

WannabeOrtho said:
Heya,

Most of you probably remember my other post's. I am going to the 4 year university to hopefully do a double major in Biology, and Psychology. Are medical school applications, and such still saturated with Biology majors? Whether it is, or isn't will not relflect what I plan to do. I am just curious. How often has people heard/seen of Psychology majors applying? I feel Biology, and Psychology is both what I would do other than Nursing if I do not get into medical school. I love learning about the human body, but I also love learning about how the human brain reacts, and such. I feel these are perfect for me, while being a doctor would be more than perfect, but if that does not happen these are perfect.

Justin

Medical schools will always be saturated with bio and chem majors, so what? It doesn't matter what your undergraduate degree is in as long as you have all the pre-req's and maybe an upper level bio class or two. The key is to nail all your classes, especially the pre-med classes & do reasonably well on the MCAT (nail it if you want to get into an allo school). Being a psych major will probably help you stick out a little bit, but there are probably more psych majors applying than what you realize (wanting to get into psychiatry).

I'm both a biology and psychology major (with a minor in bioethics), and I think the psych major adds a nice touch. Go for it!!

Members don't see this ad :)
as long as you get the gpa..thats all that matters

Dont you have like 5 other threads where you say youre going to nursing school?

WantsThisBad said:
Dont you have like 5 other threads where you say youre going to nursing school?

If you read the OP's full post it was mentioned.