Jul 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
those who posted nice score here were mostly self-study people...

"l just went over some books..." or just took kaplane course...

is there anybody who took Dr. Romano class or did private tutoring and got good score?

i've heard that many people spend lot of money for those class but wondering why we don't have any posts from them...

May 15, 2009
CA
Status
Dental Student
those who posted nice score here were mostly self-study people...

"l just went over some books..." or just took kaplane course...

is there anybody who took Dr. Romano class or did private tutoring and got good score?

i've heard that many people spend lot of money for those class but wondering why we don't have any posts from them...
Limit yourself to KAPLAN courses, and I can guarantee you won't score 19+.
You need to do lots and lots of self-studying in addition to KAPLAN.

OP
D
Jul 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Limit yourself to KAPLAN courses, and I can guarantee you won't score 19+.
You need to do lots and lots of self-studying in addition to KAPLAN.
That's what i'm doing now..self-studying.. but what i'm wondered is if this is efficent or not..while other taking some expensive course or getting private tutoring...

hope lots of people who got high score are the one who self-studied

May 15, 2009
CA
Status
Dental Student
That's what i'm doing now..self-studying.. but what i'm wondered is if this is efficent or not..while other taking some expensive course or getting private tutoring...

hope lots of people who got high score are the one who self-studied
It all depends on your academic background. Some people have a strong science background which allows them to self-study quite efficiently. Others struggle with basic concepts to begin with, so they need more help from a private tutor and/or a prep-course.
KAPLAN has good online resources, but the classroom courses are a waste of money and time.

tsitneD

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2009
TX
Status
Pre-Dental
self-study definitely.

Jul 2, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Self studying is definately a must do. I am currently studying for the DAT and found some very useful tools. For the sciences I am using the Destroyer as well as an occasional reference to a text book to clear up any of my short comings. Crack DAT PAT, Crack DAT Reading, the math destroyer are very useful in preparing for the academic portion. I also found it useful to use a site such as www.purplemath.com to review basic math concepts. My main priority is to know the Destroyer in and out and then test myself using Topscore.

OP
D
Jul 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
thanks all!!!

some times i feel bad because I think I'm too slow.... good to know that there are lot of self study people