just decided to study medicine... which school do you suggest?

Started by emil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

emil

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, just decided to do pb pre med after college, doing econ now, but it's not right for me. anyway,

I'm trying to find a school with small classes and a good reputation. Any opinions? thanks,
Emil
 
Start by volunteering in a hospital. Test whether this is something real or just something out of the blue. It will also show interest when you apply to postbac programs.

Then try speaking with doctors. I asked my primary care doctor if he would do an "informational interview" with me. He agreed readily and was so, so helpful.

Decide what type of postbac program you are looking for. Other threads can explain the different types better than I can. I went to Bryn Mawr, which is a highly, structured, intensive, full-time program. It has a v. high rate of success but is also expensive. Peer programs include Goucher and Columbia.