Just finish UW

Discussion in 'Step I' started by GOGETA, Mar 25, 2007.

1. GOGETA

GOGETA SuperSaiyan
    2+ Year Member

Just finisg UW :hardy:First time unused,time,mix my cum % is 48+pity+

But I have learn soSO SO much, and my last 700 questions I did not saw a 40:D, it was above 50:clap: and some in the 60's an couple in the low 70's.

Now its time to redo it again and learn more:idea:

I just dont know why I'm so happy that I finish the UW, and even that my cum is not in the 60's I feel confident.

You may post your opinions

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. stretch210

stretch210 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

what's everyone's thoughts on redoing the same question bank? What about starting a new one instead?

congrats on finishing, your percentage has gone up, that's what counts!

4. Old_Mil

Old_Mil Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'd say to try a different one. If you've truly completed all the questions in a given question bank, you're going to get a number correct the second time through just based on recognizing the question which won't be an accurate indicator of where you are.

Testing the knowledge you gained doing one question bank once against a second question bank you're seeing for the first time would be a better strategy.

5. mesoderm

mesoderm Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Given that UW is harder than the other banks and is also most like Step 1, I would go through UW again, and really focus on those concepts. Gogeta. did you take an average of your last 10-20 tests? This might give you a better idea of your UW average based upon your improvement. Have you taken another NBME? That will give you the best idea of where you stand.

6. whournameiz

whournameiz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

when are you guys scheduled to take the boards? Are u doing these Qbanks with classes or ...

7. phudrix

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have been doing questions at smashstep1.com. New site that just came out. Questions are pretty good.