Just Finished DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

briansle

Cell A
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished the test:

AA: 21
PAT:19
QR:19
RC:23
BIO:20
GCHEM:20
OCHEM:25
TS:21

I'm really disappointed in my math score. I was consistently scoring 22's on topscore and kaplan, and I thought I missed only like 2 or 3 on the test.

Science section was easier than kaplan or topscore. I just studied from the Princeton Review Hyperlearning books, nothing else. I didn't even study for O-Chem because I had just finished it at school. G-Chem gave me problems since its been a year, and Biology is pretty much the luck of the draw as to which questions you get. Not much ecology or evolution for me. My highest score on Kaplan and Topscore was 19, so I guess it is true that you can predict your real DAT score by adding 2 points.

PAT is a little bit harder, and I was getting 22-23 on Kaplan and Topscore so I guess its true when they say subtract 2-3 pts for estimate of real PAT. I think this section just takes a lot of practice.

RC was really easy, much easier than Kaplan and Topscore, don't even worry or waste your time studying for this section. All I did to study for this was read the Wall Street Journal everyday, which is what I normally do anyways. My passages were on cancer, stock market formulas, and nervous system.

QR: thought this was the easiest section of all, I thought this would be the section to boost my AA score. It just like SAT math but easier. The kaplan book is inadequate, find a book with practice problems.

Are my scores good enough for CA schools? Cause when I see the other scores on SDN my scores look like crap. Is it worth retaking the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

If your gpa is high, then you should have no promblem getting into any of the california schools.

best of luck

Hd