Just finished DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shingshing

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my score:
PAT: 25 100% :) (i usually get 25-26 in kaplan, i think it's harder in real, harder angles, easier foldings)
QC: 19 86.5% :( (much time consuming than i thought)
RC: 18 44.3 (similar to kaplan)
Bio: 20 90% ( I read kaplan's over and over..but it's not enough)
GC: 23 95.9% (kaplan's is quite enough)
OC: 22 93 % (better than kaplan)
TS: 21 94.9% (better than kaplan)
AA: 20 90% (same as my kaplan AA)

---------------------------------------------
Overall I am satisfied with the score, though a bit disappointed with my QC, because I usually score 23-25...watch your time and practice more!

Members don't see this ad.

shingshing said:
Here is my score:
PAT: 25 100% :) (i usually get 25-26 in kaplan, i think it's harder in real, harder angles, easier foldings)

Overall I am satisfied with the score, though a bit disappointed with my QC, because I usually score 23-25...watch your time and practice more!

Those scores look great!!! Did you only use Kaplan?

great job man, u rocked PAT! We have the same scores on AA and TS, but flipped around hehe. I was wondering if it would have been better to get the 21 on TS and 20 on AA, or not. Oh well, can't change it now.

Members don't see this ad :)
shingshing said:
Here is my score:

good job. congrats.

shingshing said:
Here is my score:

Oh my god!! he got higher than 18 in every single sections..!!!
by the way...isn't RC math? I thought Math is supposed to be the easiest since it's like....algebra, geometry, trig...

joonkimdds said:
Oh my god!! he got higher than 18 in every single sections..!!!
by the way...isn't RC math? I thought Math is supposed to be the easiest since it's like....algebra, geometry, trig...
DAT's math has lots of wordings and it is time consuming to understand the whole question before you can answer, that's why i did poorly.

shingshing said:
DAT's math has lots of wordings and it is time consuming to understand the whole question before you can answer, that's why i did poorly.

I hate wordings...but it's still hard to understand that ppl getting higher score from science than math. I have been thinking that math should be the easiest.

joonkimdds said:
I hate wordings...but it's still hard to understand that ppl getting higher score from science than math. I have been thinking that math should be the easiest.

The math on the test is fairly easy but I think the problem most students have is dealing with the time constraints. I thought the math was easier then SAT math but since we get more time on the SAT I was able to do relatively better on that test then the DAT. My advice for this section would be that if you can’t figure out how to do the problem in 30 seconds (I don’t mean get the right answer) just skip it and move on. Hope this helps.

cowsgomoo said:
The math on the test is fairly easy but I think the problem most students have is dealing with the time constraints. I thought the math was easier then SAT math but since we get more time on the SAT I was able to do relatively better on that test then the DAT. My advice for this section would be that if you can't figure out how to do the problem in 30 seconds (I don't mean get the right answer) just skip it and move on. Hope this helps.

Even if you know how to do the problem, if it takes too long you have to guess and move on...which sucks.

mochafreak said:
Even if you know how to do the problem, if it takes too long you have to guess and move on...which sucks.
EXACTLY! I am very confident about my QR ability, I got 800 perfect score for my GRE Math and I am from a math emphasized country. I could not believe i had a hard time in DAT math. I usually score pretty high in practice tests, so I was so shocked that I got this. Maybe I was too tired at the end....so really watch your time. I think i was dealing with a weird question for too long and forgot about the time and eventually have to guess it. I missed lots of easy long question that I just guessed at the end....
If my math has gone one point higher, my AA will be 21 instead of 20 which sucks...because i have 20.4 before the rounding.... :(