Just finished DATS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TucsonDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well after a 10 year break and then 4 months of studying I just took my DATs. I am pretty happy with the results. It should make up for my 3.2 gpa

AA 24
PA 21
QR 28
RC 27
Bio 21
GC 25
OC 19
Total Science 21 :) :) :) :) :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

TucsonDDS said:
Well after a 10 year break and then 4 months of studying I just took my DATs. I am pretty happy with the results. It should make up for my 3.2 gpa

AA 24
PA 21
QR 28
RC 27
Bio 21
GC 25
OC 19
Total Science 21 :) :) :) :) :) :)
Good Job!!! :thumbup:

From one "seasoned" dude to another, You Rock!!! I know it's great to have all the time and effort validated. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you get those scores? I am looking at a 5 year break myself and was really encouraged after reading your post. Did you retake classes? Did you use Kaplan (course, online)? Thanks and congrats!

I did take a Kaplan class but I don't feel that the time in class was anything extraordinary. I studied mainly at work for the past 4 months on and off. In all maybe 20 hrs a week on a good week and maybe a little more these past couple of weeks. I tried to hit all of the sciences the most and of that the biology was the most difficult for me. I thought I did a lot better on the Organic than the biology but it was the other way around. My Kaplan final I got AA of 21 and a PAT of 24, just opposite of what I did here. I fealt I got really lucky on my RC because I got a passage on Cancer and one on the nervous system and I have been a nurse for the past 10 years with the past seven in oncology. Even though I didn't outright know the answers to most of the questions it did make it easier to understand what they were talking about. My other reading passage was on the stock market which was just a peice of cake for me. I only had to refer back to that passage 2 or 3 times to answer the questions. Getting these 3 passages was a godsend for me because I am generally a very slow reader. I think if you put the time into it you will do well and with a little luck you will do great. As for the Kaplan class I do think it was worth it overall, an $1000 is just a drop in the bucket for a dental education.