just finished my DATtoday!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x-linked

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
took the test in Rochester, NY ( i am from toronto)

AA 25
PAT 16 :eek:
QR 24
RC 21
BIO 20
GC 29
OC 29

will the PAT score hurt my change of interview?????????

Members don't see this ad.

Yes i am afraid your meager PAT score will preclude you from all but the hottest and noisiest jobs..

Ya right! Way to go with those scores..amazing. I wouldn't worry about the PAT at all..a 16 is considered around average. Not everyone can make sense out of those damned top right end projections.

Strange to see a fellow canadian taking the american dat instead though. I guess you really didn't want to bother with the soap carving eh..

Good job! Good luck with your application process. Your scores are awesome!

Bio part: actual DAT covers more topics than topscore or kaplan test, so kaplan book is not enough, maybe you need some mcat bio book or text book for reference

Gchem Ochem part: actual DAT is easier than topscore, less calculation, but more thinking. Ochem is also easier. so kaplan book is enough for you to score 20+

PAT part: i dont know whether its easier or not, but i scored between 19-21 on topscore

RC part: easier than topscore, i think. more like the kaplan tests. but the article is longer, so you need more time to finish reading

QR: not so many probability questions, but the rest is just similar to topscore's

Members don't see this ad :)
:eek: :eek:
Great scores!! You won't have a problem with those muthas on your side! :luck:

who are you people that get 24+ on dat sections?? and 29's? :wow:
i have a really good gpa, take lots of hard classes, studied for the dat... and the best i could pull off was a 21. i don't get it!!!! anyways, good job on the dat :)

Wow. That is amazing. I am extremely impressed. I hoped for the same scores in o-chem and g-chem, but fell way short. But a 25 AA is amazing. Your PAT will not matter at all. My stats were 22/18 and I got an interview letter two days after sending my dat score.

Unfortunately, i don't think a 25 is sufficient to salvage a PAT score of 16. Really I think you're screwed and you might want to take it again. This is especially true if you only have a measly 3.8 gpa. You'd really have to have a 5.0 to even have a shot.