This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pyraeus

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just took my DAT, and I need your guys' opinion about something.
My results are as the following:
AA 24, TS 26, OC 26, GC 27, Bio 26, RC 16, QR 25, PAT 21.
Do you think that I'll have to retake because of the low RC score? Or the other sections compensate for it?
I might have to ask every school individually, but I want get a general opinion from others before doing so.

I am a Maryland resident, and I know that University of Maryland School of Dentistry has an 18 cutoff for RC section. Do you think that schools such as UMSOD will be lenient about the RC cutoff because of the scores in other sections?

BTW, my overal GPA is 3.80 if that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Your other scores are excellent, please post a breakdown!
As for RC, it is important enough, but since your other scores are super high, I think you don't need to retake. Just contact all the schools you're applying to and let them know about your situation, but personally I think you should be fine. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
What happened man on the RC. Your other scores are tremendous. Please post a breakdown

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
Do you think that I'll have to retake because of the low RC score? Or the other sections compensate for it?
I might have to ask every school individually, but I want get a general opinion from others before doing so.

I am a Maryland resident, and I know that University of Maryland School of Dentistry has an 18 cutoff for RC section. Do you think that schools such as UMSOD will be lenient about the RC cutoff because of the scores in other sections?

Wow, congratulations! Those scores with the exception of reading are some of the highest I have seen in recent weeks. What happened in reading? You will need to call schools and ask, you don't go below any cutoffs for most schools, but it's best for you to do your own research. I do not think you will have to retake the DAT, but it will make it tough to get interviews at some
Hello,

Is English a 2nd language?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I'll definitely post a break down, as soon as I can.

On the reading, I spent too much time on the first passage, and ran out of time. A huge mistake!

Wow, congratulations! Those scores with the exception of reading are some of the highest I have seen in recent weeks. What happened in reading? You will need to call schools and ask, you don't go below any cutoffs for most schools, but it's best for you to do your own research. I do not think you will have to retake the DAT, but it will make it tough to get interviews at some

Is English a 2nd language?

Hello Dr. Romano,

Thank you so much for making the DAT DESTROYER. It is one of the most useful resources for preparing for the DAT.

I made the mistake of spending too much on one passage, and let my time run out. And yes, English is my second language and I think that played a big role in my low grade.

BTW, I just called UMSOD, and received a 'no' from them which is disappointing, but I'll call all the other schools that I have applied to.