Just finished the DAT, do I stand a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eebrost

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I have a pretty good feeling that I am safe with these scores, but I just wanted advice from this experienced community. Here are my scores:

PA- 22
QR- 21
RC- 20
Bio- 17
GC- 21
OC- 17
TS- 18
AA- 19

I am nervous at having two 17's, but I hope that my other stats should make up for them:

oGPA- 3.54
sGPA- 3.62

I'm a non-traditional student with a M.S. degree in Optical Science and a B.S. in Physics. I'll be applying to my state school early this summer. It wouldn't be the end of the world if someone thought I should retake, but I would rather spend my summer outside and not inside. Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Your scores are great! Good luck applying this cycle. If you haven't already, call/email the schools you want to apply to and see if they are ok with 17s in those respective sections. Apply early and I think you will have a great shot at getting in.

A retake shouldn't mean an entire summer. If you were to knuckle down right now for another 4 weeks I don't see how you wouldn't go up 2-3 points.

Whether you want to retake is debatable. Sure people get in with a couple 17's. Are you feeling lucky?